Search This Blog

Friday, June 3, 2011

Becoming an Indie Author

In order to publish my own books, I've established a company called Wildwood Ebooks. I've registered it with British Columbia. Name Search: $14.00 and Cost of Registration:$ 72.00 (You can do your name search for free, but I didn't know this at the time.)

I've applied for an ISBN number for my ebook.

Now onto preparing the manuscript!

I'm following the requirements as specified by Kindle Direct Publishing, but I've decided to upload an html document, rather than a .doc file. It's a bit more complicated, but I've gone this route because various people said that it will yield a better result.

Cover Art: I've given the following information to the designer:

Horizontally: minimum of 500 pixels
Vertically: minimum of 1280 pixels

Be sure to Save at 72 dots per inch (dpi) for optimal viewing on the web.

The cover will be delivered to me as a JPEG and then I'll insert it into my document.

So far so good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment