Search This Blog

Saturday, June 4, 2011

My Father's Parrot

Lately I've been blogging about my first ebook, a memoir called My Father's Parrot. I thought I'd post a picture from the 70s of my father with Lapa. He's feeding the bird a grape.

Parrots only bond with one other person (usually it's another bird but a person will do). My father brought out the best in our parrot. He could flip the bird over on his back and tickle his belly, he could get Lapa to dance an old-man shuffle, and he could get him to talk and imitate the noise of the vacuum.

2 comments:

  1. Laurie, I wrote a parrot story fairly recently and am writing a new one now. The first one is about fathers and sons, as well as a parrot. The link is here http://52250flash.wordpress.com/2011/04/18/parrot-by-andrew-stancek/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's up to every , because I am genuinely eager of reading this web site's post to be
    updated regularly. It consists of good data.


    Feel free to surf to my homepage: click here

    ReplyDelete